Inspired by the Modern Maker Podcast’s plywood challenge, the Minnesota Tool Library wants to know what piece of furniture you can make out of one–and only one–piece of plywood.
You can participate either by submitting photos/video of your project for us to showcase on our website and social media, or you can bring your project to the live showcase at Blackstack Brewing on October 13, 2019 and compete for prizes! Better yet – do both!
Check out the rules for more details, and sign up below!
E-mail us at email@example.com with any questions!
- MATERIALS: What can you do with one sheet of plywood? You pick the type, grade and thickness that makes your heart content – but each entry is limited to no more than one 32 square foot sheet of plywood. No other wood can be used in the build – but you can use glue, fasteners (including dowels), and any other materials. Be creative. Our judges will want to see how you make the most out of that plywood though, so keep that in mind!
- You must make a functional piece of furniture. The style, size, and type is up to you – but our judges are going to test it out. So if you make a chair, know our judges will sit in it.
- SUBMISSION: You have to provide us high quality photos or, better yet, a video of your project, and permission to share them.
- To be eligible for PRIZES you have to display your project at our live showcase at Blackstack Brewing. You or a representative must be present to win.
- You can build and send us photos any time, but if you want to be eligible for prizes you have to register and send us an email by October 7th letting us know the dimensions of your project so we can reserve a space for you at the live showcase!
- There is no entrance fee, and membership in the Tool Library is NOT required to participate or attend the showcase and vote for your favorite entry. (But we sure have some cool tools you could use to craft your masterpiece!)
- All ages and skill-levels are welcome. Team-built entries are also welcome.
- You are limited to one entry, and it has to be custom made for this challenge.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges made up of woodworkers, community leaders, and tool library members. Entries will be judged on creativity, functionality, finish, use of plywood and woodworking techniques, and overall awesomeness.
THANK YOU to our Sponsors!
Kreg Tool Company
MTL is a growing community of DIY’ers, Makers, and Craftspeople who support each other to share skills & knowledge. Our MAKE IT Competition is a celebration of that DIY spirit, creativity and skill, that brings neighbors together and makes lasting memories.
If you’d like to sponsor this years event or receive more information on events like this, please take a gander at our sponsorship brochure below or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org